SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BR GANE 'A' DB 996730

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Chitham

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: BR GANE 'A' DB 996730 Reply with quote

The GANE A DB 996730 (sleeper/rail bogie wagon) entered the Bewdley paint shop following the departure of LNER coach 30/01/14 for the final phase of work.

This job, contracted by the P-Way Department was started in the summer of 2011. The main problem was that the deck needed replacement as is had become unsafe. Work started with the removal of the old wooden deck and de-scaling of rust and removal of paint. The job grew - the centre casting needed to be re-fitted and several of the side bearer blocks required welding. The axle boxes were overhauled and new brasses fitted in six positions. A new through air pipe has been installed for operation with air braked locos. A fair amount of Riveting has taken place and the stanchions have been straightened.

In broad terms all that now needs to be done is the wooden deck needs to be fitted, several layers of paint to be applied and sign writing to be added.

This GANE A likely to be one of the best restored in the country.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful, thanks John for the update. Well done to all

Patrick
John Chitham

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's out of the Paint Shop now. It was shunted out on the 6th. (By the goods shed). It looks in "mint" conditon (I don't mean it's got holes in it) for now, but I don't know how long it will stay like that once it is put to work.
sharpo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Chitham wrote:
It's out of the Paint Shop now. It was shunted out on the 6th. (By the goods shed). It looks in "mint" conditon (I don't mean it's got holes in it) for now, but I don't know how long it will stay like that once it is put to work.

Noticed it as I went by on the train today - very smart!!

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: