SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Warships" new & old

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3257
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: "Warships" new & old Reply with quote

Chiltern will apparently be using Class 68s when they finish with the 67s, and as they are to be named after warships it will be interesting to see the names they receive. Could be a photo opportunity with an SVR loco named after a warship on the exchange siding & a new "Warship" passing on NR tracks.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
threelinkdave



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 659
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: "Warships" new & old Reply with quote

sharpo wrote:
Chiltern will apparently be using Class 68s when they finish with the 67s, and as they are to be named after warships it will be interesting to see the names they receive. Could be a photo opportunity with an SVR loco named after a warship on the exchange siding & a new "Warship" passing on NR tracks.
What would be even better would be the two nose to nose in KD Town platform
_________________
Dave Scott
Bulleid and Gresley used auto couplers
Guard & dogsbody
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3257
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: "Warships" new & old Reply with quote

threelinkdave wrote:
sharpo wrote:
Chiltern will apparently be using Class 68s when they finish with the 67s, and as they are to be named after warships it will be interesting to see the names they receive. Could be a photo opportunity with an SVR loco named after a warship on the exchange siding & a new "Warship" passing on NR tracks.
What would be even better would be the two nose to nose in KD Town platform

I'm sure that could be a possibility, but I wasn't being too ambitious. Chiltern might like the idea for the publicity.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lench_S



Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 533
Location: Stourport

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: "Warships" new & old Reply with quote

sharpo wrote:
threelinkdave wrote:
sharpo wrote:
Chiltern will apparently be using Class 68s when they finish with the 67s, and as they are to be named after warships it will be interesting to see the names they receive. Could be a photo opportunity with an SVR loco named after a warship on the exchange siding & a new "Warship" passing on NR tracks.
What would be even better would be the two nose to nose in KD Town platform

I'm sure that could be a possibility, but I wasn't being too ambitious. Chiltern might like the idea for the publicity.


Or even at Bewdley, if they ever do run there.....

[Ducks for cover]
_________________
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Peter Share



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Posts: 312
Location: W'hampton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Warships Reply with quote

What do you mean, with a Warship? What about 2 different classes of Warship?
_________________
Steam is steam, whether black, blue, red or green !!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Inspector Biffo



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 275
Location: Kiddy Yard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or possibly three, if you include the Class 50's as well. Very Happy
_________________
Jeff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter Share



Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Posts: 312
Location: W'hampton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:29 pm    Post subject: Warships Reply with quote

That was what I meant. A 42 and a 50, (or even 2)

Peter
_________________
Steam is steam, whether black, blue, red or green !!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Standard Tank



Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 182
Location: Kidderminster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Warships Reply with quote

Peter Share wrote:
That was what I meant. A 42 and a 50, (or even 2)

Peter


A shame no proper class 43s made it into preservation along with one of the first three but ho hum we are where we are.
_________________
Bob Randle
http://www.stourbridgelineusergroup.info/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/407285492711907/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group