SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watching youtube videos on tv without using computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Photographic Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharpo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Watching youtube videos on tv without using computer Reply with quote

Many people have probably been doing this for ages, but I have just found out that I can now do it. Our DVD recorder is getting old and has been replaced by an HDD recorder which also has a wi-fi connection. After setting it up I thought I'd see what it would do other than just record tv shows, and viewing youtube is an option.

No doubt you can guess what I searched for - and to my surprise I can now watch my videos (and others) on tv. Not only that, I found my playlists and can watch them as well. The quality seems better than if I watch them on the pc screen.

There is also an option to "subscribe" to a channel using the recorder, don't know how notifications of new videos come through though.

So if you have an internet connection, like watching youtube (not just my videos of course) but don't want to spend time sat at a computer or with a smartphone or tablet - you can now sit back in comfort and watch the telly.

EDIT - just been talking to a friend of mine, says he's been watching youtube on tv for ages. Looks like I'm way behind the times!!

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Photographic Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: