SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kidderminster Diesel Depot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunter_i wrote:
d431hood wrote:
hearn_p wrote:
I've asked a question as to where at Kidderminster is it planned to erect the purpose-built workshop and amenity and overnight accommodation block for which the CTL is currently appealing for funds

(It's in the Member's Question Time [Private forum])

Early plans had it replacing some of the ISO containers that remain in the yard. I'm not sure if that is still the plan.

The containers do look a bit of an eyesore.

Silly question, but would it be possible to convert the brick building at the entry to the yard into the amenity and accommodation block? It has been there for a long time and has always been boarded up, but maybe a substantial structure. Otherwise if derelict why not demolish ?
Err - hardly derelict and not boarded up. Shuttered yes. Part is the S&T workshop and mess and it contains the depot toilet.
hunter_i

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

threelinkdave wrote:
hunter_i wrote:
d431hood wrote:
hearn_p wrote:
I've asked a question as to where at Kidderminster is it planned to erect the purpose-built workshop and amenity and overnight accommodation block for which the CTL is currently appealing for funds

(It's in the Member's Question Time [Private forum])

Early plans had it replacing some of the ISO containers that remain in the yard. I'm not sure if that is still the plan.

The containers do look a bit of an eyesore.

Silly question, but would it be possible to convert the brick building at the entry to the yard into the amenity and accommodation block? It has been there for a long time and has always been boarded up, but maybe a substantial structure. Otherwise if derelict why not demolish ?
Err - hardly derelict and not boarded up. Shuttered yes. Part is the S&T workshop and mess and it contains the depot toilet.

Now that diesel maintenance is being undertaken on the depot site, the lack of basic facilities for the workers sounds a bit grim.

Also it might take a long time to fund the necessary improvements, given the many years it took to finance the new shed and the priority of the Bridgnorth development.

Therefor just wondering if there is an option of undertaking outside contract work to provide the necessary finance?
d431hood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunter_i wrote:

Those yard buildings are very much used, forming the wash and toilet facilities for the yard, and PWay (or is it S&T) offices and work room. Yes the windows are shuttered, and the appearance could be improved, but as part of the railway heritage of the location, can I suggest they should be redeveloped rather than destroyed?
Fifty Fund Chairman, Sales Officer & Webmaster
stowell_d

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d431hood wrote:

Those yard buildings are very much used, forming the wash and toilet facilities for the yard, and PWay (or is it S&T) offices and work room. Yes the windows are shuttered, and the appearance could be improved, but as part of the railway heritage of the location, can I suggest they should be redeveloped rather than destroyed?

They are most definitely S&T workshop and mess room. The power supplies to much of the yard are also connected through switchgear in the building. Likewise this is the hub for telecoms and IT services for the much of Kidderminster site. Moving any of these services would have much wider impact than most people appreciate.
hunter_i

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted in the private forum regarding the location of the proposed diesel workshop.

The proposed buildings will be within the Kidderminster yard site close to the Diesel Depot

Kind regards

Jonathan Dunster
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any areas within the Kidderminster yard that aren't close to the Diesel Depot?
ian-hudson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The far end of CS6 (the carriage washing road at the back of the the carriage shed) would be a fair way to go for a cup of tea......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: