SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open House Weekend: 08/09 April 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWR5764PT wrote:
KJEvans wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
I notice there is a 50 out on the Open House weekend despite it still being steam heat period.

If I remember correctly it was a 20 last year at a similar time of year.

I suppose we should be that shocked as the diesel gala was until last year held in the steam heat months.

PS what sets are being used for the full line trips on that weekend, and why on Saturday didn't they just put in the old D timetable with 5 full length trains. The engine crew on engine for S4 will have a longer day and the poor TTIs and guard will have close to a 12 hour day. There can be no argument that it is a change from the public timetable as there was no public timetable announced.
I was that guard and I have no issues with the rostering arrangements. Whilst I and the driver covered the whole turn the fireman and TTI were both relieved.

I saw the public timetable, my TTI had the leaflet to hand out to paengers so changing it at the last minute would have negated the printed leaflet.

Recessing the train at Highley and Arley did give the customers something to watch and helps retain route knowledge for the non running lines.
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threelinkdave wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
KJEvans wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
I notice there is a 50 out on the Open House weekend despite it still being steam heat period.

If I remember correctly it was a 20 last year at a similar time of year.

I suppose we should be that shocked as the diesel gala was until last year held in the steam heat months.

PS what sets are being used for the full line trips on that weekend, and why on Saturday didn't they just put in the old D timetable with 5 full length trains. The engine crew on engine for S4 will have a longer day and the poor TTIs and guard will have close to a 12 hour day. There can be no argument that it is a change from the public timetable as there was no public timetable announced.
I was that guard and I have no issues with the rostering arrangements. Whilst I and the driver covered the whole turn the fireman and TTI were both relieved.

I saw the public timetable, my TTI had the leaflet to hand out to passengers so changing it at the last minute would have negated the printed leaflet.

Recessing the train at Highley and Arley did give the customers something to watch and helps retain route knowledge for the non running lines.

I didn't mean change the timetable at this late stage I meant I was surprised it wasn't the old D from the outset.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: