SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foley Park Sugar Beet Sidings: Possible Goods Shed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was on the buffet yesterday I looked out for where it is planned to go but I couldn't see it. What would really help would be pictures of the site today so then I could picture it.
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best I can do at the moment.

Aerial view. This is an old picture, it still shows the sugar beet towers. It's the long strip of ground covered in trees just below the railway between the Stourport Road overbridge and the Lisle Avenue underbridge.
http://tinyurl.com/y8ywyejk

Streetview from the Stourport Road bridge. This one's more recent as it shows the new houses. It's the strip of ground between the railway and the fence to the right.
http://tinyurl.com/y72nfue4
hunter_i

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With reference to clarifying the location of the proposed SVR Wagon site -

It might be useful if someone with the necessary expertise could post here the developer's plan for the Sugar Beet development, which is available on the Council website. This would help identify the street references in the Wiki article.

That plan shows the proposed link to the Halt (presumably a selling point for the developer) and also the location of the road that runs to the Kidderminster corner of the development, and thus could ultimately connect with the engineering siding. On the Developer's plan that road accesses several large buildings which are show as parallel to the SVR boundary. Not sure if they are shops or warehouses, but if not residential they would nicely screen any noisy shunting - so hopefully a win/win for both parties.

Also if readers can access the Stourport Road Bridge Streetview directly on Google Earth, and move a little past the bridge abutment, they will see a slight change in the style of fencing and in particular one section with two fence posts close together. I suspect this might be the location of the path from the street to the original Halt location, which according to the Wiki article still exists. Just a guess, but this would be the logical location.
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
This is the best I can do at the moment.

Aerial view. This is an old picture, it still shows the sugar beet towers. It's the long strip of ground covered in trees just below the railway between the Stourport Road overbridge and the Lisle Avenue underbridge.
http://tinyurl.com/y8ywyejk

Streetview from the Stourport Road bridge. This one's more recent as it shows the new houses. It's the strip of ground between the railway and the fence to the right.
http://tinyurl.com/y72nfue4

Thanks Graham I understand now where it is.
hunter_i

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proposed engineering siding would link to the roundabout in the area shown as R.

https://media.realla.co/uploads/property/brochures/original/5cBHa3KfC4yk09ceyIxNig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: