SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridgnorth Station redevelopment: 2012 onwards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherry_p

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunter_i wrote:
Had not previously heard of an Engineering services office. Where exactly is this mess room/kitchen facility. Is it perhaps in the leased buildings at the end of the lane adjacent to the boiler shop?
yes!
madderlake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Viewed today, there are still about half of the roof trusses to go on the building

As far as I can make out, initially enough trusses and their bracing have been put up to allow the gable ends be built. I was told by someone who ought to know that the gables would be vulnerable in high winds if not tied.

Quote:
Perhaps looking at the building in its unfinished state is misleading, and there will be adequate space in the new refreshment room.

In my experience, at this stage of a build (walls up but no roof, ceilings or finished floor level) the rooms always seem disappointingly pokey, having shrunk alamingly from the once vast floor slab. Plastered out they look big, until brought down to reality again by furniture.
Derby4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The progress report from Mr Bond says that the building will be brought into use with temporary roofing, pending the delivery next march of the slates.

The Glos-Warks new station building at Broadway looks smart roofed with corrugated material ( as is Toddington) so hopefully we see something smart, even if temporary, on the Bridgnorth building.

You can always re-use something like corrugated sheeting later on another project.
hunter_i

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest posting on SVR Live 13/11 suggests the brickwork is finished. Is that correct? Would a celebratory pint for the brickies be in order?
hearn_p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a chimey (flue) to build (update 7/11)?

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
Derby4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing on the footbridge on Saturday taking a few photos of the progress, the chap next to me was doing the same, and commented "I wonder which few bricks I bought" to which I replied "me likewise".

The good thing about the latest share issue is hopefully a goodly number of new shareholders, even if-like me-in a modest way, and I suppose a sense of pride in what is being created at Bridgnorth.

Next time I visit I hope the building is roofed and weather-tight.

I look foreward to my first coffee and cake in the new refreshment area !

Belated thanks to Sue Thomas for the further images on SVR Live.-Appreciated.

Rob

Last edited by Derby4 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
madderlake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between roofed and weather-tight is a matter of doors and windows. These are often a source of embarrassing delay. Let's hope not so in this case.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunter_i wrote:
The latest posting on SVR Live 13/11 suggests the brickwork is finished. Is that correct? Would a celebratory pint for the brickies be in order?

Probably more than a pint after cutting 13,000 bricks in half..........
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64
Page 64 of 64

Jump to: