SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVRLive website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mrmover



Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 879
Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that SVR Live is reporting that 813 is going to the KESR to assist with their Santa services - Steam Railway Magazine reports. Is SVR Live an official web page of the Railway, or just an alternative source of rumour and supposition? Surely the site administrator has the ability to check the facts with management and confirm such stories officially.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5797

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a news editor of SVRLive and agree with you.

Yes, SVRLive is an official website of the SVR

In this case I could have first sought confirmation by the railway before adding it, but the news was out there and I took the view the announcement was sufficiently authoratitive to run with it. A judgement, but I hope not the wrong one.

To anser your general point, I publish things that people send me. A bugbear is when things are released before members are told. I do remind the railway of the need to pass me news items and that how failure to do so looks. This is a live issue.

Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robin



Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 318
Location: Stourbridge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick - as mentioned in another thread, the news item should read Kent and East Sussex, not East Somerset. Robin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5797

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mea Culpa. How did I do that?

Fixed

Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrmover



Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 879
Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
I am a news editor of SVRLive and agree with you.

Yes, SVRLive is an official website of the SVR

In this case I could have first sought confirmation by the railway before adding it, but the news was out there and I took the view the announcement was sufficiently authoratitive to run with it. A judgement, but I hope not the wrong one.

To anser your general point, I publish things that people send me. A bugbear is when things are released before members are told. I do remind the railway of the need to pass me news items and that how failure to do so looks. This is a live issue.

Patrick


No sleight intended towards you, Patrick - I think you are doing a sterling job. I agree that stakeholders are often the last to know. I thought that SVR Live was meant to address this, but it seems that this may not be the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3367
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope SVRLive doesn't become SVRRepeat, posting items we've already heard of or read about elsewhere.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5797

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmover wrote:


No sleight intended towards you, Patrick - I think you are doing a sterling job. I agree that stakeholders are often the last to know. I thought that SVR Live was meant to address this, but it seems that this may not be the case.


It is meant to do this.

[I note the 813 Fund today confirmed the two trips in question]

sharpo wrote:
Let's hope SVRLive doesn't become SVRRepeat, posting items we've already heard of or read about elsewhere.


Let's hope not

Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3367
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you do your best Patrick. Being an "outsider" and avoiding those "social media" sites I rely on SVRLive for all the latest information about the Railway - as I'm sure many others do.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3367
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at Traffic Notice links, the actual link only works on some of the characters in the line, not the whole line.

For example, the Saturday Dec 02 link only works on "rday ".
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5797

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Bill Griffiths:

"After the latest (18 02) Windows 10 update this week, SVRLive doesnít work on W10 desktops, laptops, and tablets Ė just displays a blank page. Iíve reported this to Wix.

All other browsers and types of device work. The site management / editing also work on Edge/IE.

Thereís only 2 ways to fix this at the moment Ė uninstall the update (which we donít recommend), or use a different browser.

We currently get around 25% of users on Edge/IE."


Would you mind trying to get the message out generally please?

Thanks

Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manxman



Joined: 03 Mar 2010
Posts: 50
Location: Isle of Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old kit is on Windows 8 and the offer of Windows 10 was declined, but following the latest Windows update I am also experiencing the blank screen problem with SVRLive.

John.
_________________
John Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3367
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Windows 10 is up to date, just checked it, SVRlive works with Firefox & Chrome.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cherry_p



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 1906
Location: Solihull

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
From Bill Griffiths:

"After the latest (18 02) Windows 10 update this week, SVRLive doesnít work on W10 desktops, laptops, and tablets Ė just displays a blank page. Iíve reported this to Wix.

All other browsers and types of device work. The site management / editing also work on Edge/IE.

Thereís only 2 ways to fix this at the moment Ė uninstall the update (which we donít recommend), or use a different browser.

We currently get around 25% of users on Edge/IE."


Would you mind trying to get the message out generally please?

Thanks

Patrick
just to emphasise that the email I had from Bill specifically said "Edge and IE simply donít work. I have raised a support ticket with Wix and am waiting for a response.

Strangely, Edge on my Android phone still works OK."

Also from other SVRlive support "advice at present is to use Firefox or Chrome."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Robin



Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 318
Location: Stourbridge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume it is fixed as the message has gone from SVR Live. Did we find out what the issue was?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5797

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill is closing the ticket today. It worked for some within one day, it took 2/3 for it to work on mine and before I took the message down. I guess Wix fixed it (or got MS to), but I'm not sure I'm afraid

Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group