SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVR Member Benefits - free tea and coffee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: SVR Member Benefits - free tea and coffee Reply with quote

I understand that SVR members can have one free tea or coffee a month. I hadnt heard of this before.

Is there a level of shareholding that also gives such a benefit? I only ask as it was nearly 18 months after buying my shares before I found out about the free car parking pass for gold shareholders. I contacted the office to ask if I could buy a car park pass and was told they would send me my shareholder car park pass 'if I wanted it'.

Last edited by sue on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Derby4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue:
The "members tea & coffee card" was attached to my new SVR membership card when I renewed my membership in April 2017

It has a "cup" image for February through to November, and when you ask for a free drink they just cross out that month.

Must admit I forgot to use mine some months, but will be more consistent in 2018!

A nice gesture, in my humble opinion.

Rob
Derby4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin:

Just to clarify, the free tea/coffee is a" member" benefit rather than a shareholder benefit, and my 2017 membership renewal was the first time the membership card had the add-on.
Maybe I missed an announcement, but I don't recall this benefit being announced as such, it just "appeared" !

As I mentioned, a nice touch, and appreciated.

Rob
Sheila K

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the free tea or coffee is a members benefit, how do life members receive theirs? We rarely use our membership benefits, as we are also shareholders.
We now have a silver pass, but when this amount of shares was sufficient for a gold pass, we never received a car park pass, or even knew of the existence of such a thing! The railway does not always advertise benefits to people, and it often seems to be a matter of who you know, which is wrong!
thompson_r

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking with my buffet car steward's hat on, I have a feeling the free tea/coffee offer was valid from restricted outlets only - the buffets/refreshment rooms at Kidderminster, Bewdley and Bridgnorth and maybe the Engine House, but not on train. The card stated where they could be redeemed.
Derby4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The legend on the card states that the free drink can be claimed ( on production of the membership card) at either the Kidderminster Bewdley Engine House or Bridgnorth buffets. So not on-train or at the KDR museum presumably. Also not available during special events/galas.

As others have said, no indication as to how those who don't receive a membership card can use the offer, but with my cynics hat on, "communication" has never been the SVR's forte, has it?

Rob
geoffsvr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering when this perk was introduced because I didn't get one when my membership was last renewed in April 2015 (three year membership expiring April 2018). Presumably I'll get this in April 2018 ? If I renew for 3 years, will I get three vouchers (says he hopefully!)
cherry_p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem of those with life or 3-year membership cards is known to SVR management, though probably not thought about when the scheme was introduced. I understand the system is to be changed so that on production of any membership card, a discount will be given on coffee, i.e. not free, but not limited to only 1 cup per month. Not sure when tho.
KJEvans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was my August 2016 renewal when I first got the tea/coffee card. Though being staff and only really being around when volunteering, it's a bit wasted on me.

GWR=Gresley Was Right...to learn from the Great Western
Lench_S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
So not ... at the KDR museum presumably.

Kidderminster Railway Museum is a separate entity to the SVR. Food and drink highly recommended though!
sharpo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:
Derby4 wrote:
So not ... at the KDR museum presumably.

Kidderminster Railway Museum is a separate entity to the SVR. Food and drink highly recommended though!

Very true, in there for a cuppa and sandwich today!

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Derby4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, best filter coffee, in very sensible surroundings!

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: