SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

75069 on the move - Saturday 6th June 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrHillingdon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: 75069 on the move - Saturday 6th June 2009 Reply with quote

I spent a very wet day at the railway today. My dedication/stupidity was rewarded with a sighting of 75069 being shunted around the yard at Bridgnorth presumably to get it into position for it's overhaul. A few photos of this event and my wet day can be seen at my fotopic site.

Cheers,

Paul
mick_wilson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: 75069 on the move - Saturday 6th June 2009 Reply with quote

MrHillingdon wrote:
....... presumably to get it into position for it's overhaul. ................Paul
Depends on what happens to another green engine.
Derby4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At some point there is presumably a boiler shop appointment for the boiler off the "Bewdley Prairie"...sorry, the number just escapes me at the present. I think the "bottom half" of said loco is already done?

Incidentally the shed frontage looks good now it is finished.
hassell_a

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
At some point there is presumably a boiler shop appointment for the boiler off the "Bewdley Prairie"...sorry, the number just escapes me at the present. I think the "bottom half" of said loco is already done?

4150 - the bottom end is certainly well on.

Derby4 wrote:
Incidentally the shed frontage looks good now it is finished.

Yes it does.

http://www.4930hagleyhall.org.uk

All Comments and Opinions are my own and do not reflect those of SVR (Holdings) PLC, SVR Company Limited, or SVR Charitable Trust.
madderlake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hassell_a wrote:

While a lot of cleaning, preparation and and painting can be done, I would suggest that most of the serious bottom end work does not start until the frames are on the jacks at Bridgnorth and the wheel sets are out. As most of this work is carried out by the paid staff, it may not be apparent to most volunteers just how much of it there is.
bradleyman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

madderlake wrote:
hassell_a wrote:

While a lot of cleaning, preparation and and painting can be done, I would suggest that most of the serious bottom end work does not start until the frames are on the jacks at Bridgnorth and the wheel sets are out. As most of this work is carried out by the paid staff, it may not be apparent to most volunteers just how much of it there is.

If you are referring to 4150 then you are very wide of the mark with your suppositions! - perhaps you should take the time visit the loco & talk to those actually working on it.

This loco has already been lifted (at BY) and been given a full bottom end overhaul - by skilled volunteers with company assistance re items such as tyre turning & axlebox work. The bottom end of the loco is now all but complete.

Current work is directed towards bunker & tank construction, cladding manufacture, manufacture & overhaul of fittings, stocktake of copper pipework for further ordering & planning the (BN) boiler overhaul.

As ever new shareholders and those willing to roll their sleeves up and help are especially welcome on this project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madderlake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradleyman wrote:
If you are referring to 4150 then you are very wide of the mark with your suppositions!

Reply on 4150 thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: