SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walton_cw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When is it due back into traffic? Would i be right in thinking not til at least 2011?

Plan is for it to re-enter traffic for 2011 season
oldsteamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to Mr P THornhill's comment on LMS red livery for 1501, may I suggest a nice shade of sky blue lurid pink with yellow warning panels, Shocked or some left over wallpaper (which has been done before but not on SVR). I think we should leave it to the Rolling Stock Liveries Commitee (or what ever it was called some years ago). Laughing I don't mind really being partly colour blind.
creese_m

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some 15XX carried Lined Black which did look very fetching, see Tyseley's 9600 for an idea of what they look like . I don't think 1501 was one of them . alternatively NCB livery is an alternative which would find favour amongst some but probably much gnashing amongst others

Latest photo updates on http://www.flickr.com/photos/martincreese/

Photo charter organiser for 20 years . Everyone welcome http://facebook.com/30742charters

My Blurb Bookstore http://www.blurb.com/user/store/Martincreese
walton_cw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spare boiler is intended for 7714
P Thornhill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldsteamer wrote:
In reply to Mr P THornhill's comment on LMS red livery for 1501, may I suggest a nice shade of sky blue lurid pink with yellow warning panels, Shocked or some left over wallpaper (which has been done before but not on SVR). I think we should leave it to the Rolling Stock Liveries Commitee (or what ever it was called some years ago). Laughing I don't mind really being partly colour blind.

In all seriousness I was just wondering if it was planned tochange the crests at all although the more I think about it day glow orange would be good!
Hope the colour blindness isn't to bad - My mum suffers from this (as a result of an illness she has). When this was diagnosed she was convinced they were wrong and that she saw normally- unfortunately for her she was proved wrong when my Dad took her on the shakesphere express and she declared that 4965 looked spendid in it's immaculate livery of red!
oldsteamer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My colour blindness isn't too bad. Durring the Autumn Steam Galas I can stand halfway down Kiddy platform and be unable to tell what colour the signals are during the night. It hasn't stopped me driving, nor when working on electrics on gas fired central heating systems when I was at work. One of my colleagues had no sense of smell but allways traced a leak when we found we had one. It can be fun choosing colour schemes when decorating as beige and fawn mean nothing to me, and certain shades of reds and browns can look the same to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: