SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GWR Collett 0-6-2T 6634
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hearn_p

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted without comment:

Quote:
Peak Rail
PRESS RELEASE - 12 MAY 2015

Dr Pete Waterman OBE DL is delighted to announce that he has reached an agreement with Peak Rail to base his Waterman Railway Heritage Trust assets at its Rowsley site.

Over the coming months, Pete expects to announce exciting plans to overhaul his trust’s steam locomotives, return them to active steaming and in the process provide structured training opportunities for young people interested in a career in the railway industry.

It has always been Pete’s passion to see young people given the chance to learn engineering skills and over the last 30 years or so, he has provided such opportunities to dozens of people via apprenticeships.

Pete said “I have long been an admirer of Peak Rail and they were a natural choice for me when I decided to relocate from the Crewe Heritage Centre. In my time at Crewe, I’m proud to have created hundreds of skilled jobs by providing investment that
no-one else had the vision or foresight to do. I intend to work with Peak Rail to continue that tradition”.
Peter Share

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: 6634 Situation Reply with quote

Have we any further news as to what is happening about 6634?
As it is, under a tarpaulin at Bridgnorth, it is not a good advertisment for the railway. I often hear the question "Whats happening about that one ? "
when I'm on duty in Bridgnorth box.

Peter
Derby4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this loco still on the SVR, and does anyone know how the legal processes are coming along?
madderlake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still parked by the machine shop.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly O/T 7027 Thornbury Castle reportedly was also owned by Waterman Railway Heritage Trust and has recently been sold.

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
Danny252

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's much "reportedly" about them owning it (the sale I know nothing of!). It was sitting at Crewe Heritage Centre rusting away for several years, with the centre having similar difficulty to the SVR in getting him to move his items once he stopped leasing the works.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Railway Magazine reports the sale and reports of the reports are on Nat Pres.

Cheers

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
mrmover

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the stumbling blocks with these locos is that the are owned by the Trust, and as a trust any assets have to be protected. This usually means that any sale or transfer can only be to a similar trust with similar aims, rather than selling to an individual. This is the reason that Jeremy Hosking set up the Royal Scot and General Trust, so that the loco could be transferred into his care. Not sure who this 'South West businessman' is, or indeed where the loco will be based, but it has to be better than languishing in it's ex-Barry state at Crewe. 44 years since she left Barry!

Going back O/T, the same would presumably apply to 6634.
Divington_R

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a sad story about 6634 from the initial excitement back in 2009 to where we are today. I hope any monies spent on the chassis will be fully recouped by the SVR so we are not out of pocket? I do wonder if the railway should impose an additional charge for storage over the years based on the idea that the loco was to become part of the working fleet and the fact that this did not happen through no fault of the SVR?

Finally, does anyone have a picture of the chassis they can put up on here before it departs?
Buffer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrmover wrote:
One of the stumbling blocks with these locos is that the are owned by the Trust, and as a trust any assets have to be protected. This usually means that any sale or transfer can only be to a similar trust with similar aims, rather than selling to an individual. This is the reason that Jeremy Hosking set up the Royal Scot and General Trust, so that the loco could be transferred into his care. Not sure who this 'South West businessman' is, or indeed where the loco will be based, but it has to be better than languishing in it's ex-Barry state at Crewe. 44 years since she left Barry!

Going back O/T, the same would presumably apply to 6634.

If we are talking about 7027, there is a very detailed report in this month's 'Railway Magazine' about the loco and its new owner who runs a family bus company in Somerset. The company already owns no.4936 'Kinlet Hall'. The owner's father is a signalling inspector on the WSR, where the two locos will probably be based when not out on NR, so the family has a solid heritage railway background. Restoration and main line running will probably be based on Tyseley.
It appears that the Waterman Railway Heritage Trust will retain ownership of 6634 and two other ex-GWR tank engines.
sharpo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange how you sometimes notice numbers, yesterday the car speedometer mileage reading was 6634 and today the FTSE 100 was 6634. Perhaps one day I'll see 6634 working?

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
hearn_p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Waterman auctioned around a tenth of his collection of railway models on 16 April 2015 for more than £600,000, in order to “raise enough money to secure the future of the Waterman Railway Heritage Trust.”

Its annual return/annual update to the Charity Commission was made on 25 January 2017 for the period ending 31 March 2016. Total donations made in that period to the Trust were £75.

http://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithoutPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1039409&SubsidiaryNumber=0

Subsequent to this period, in 2016 the Trust sold the unrestored 7027 Thornbury Castle. The proceeds of this, and any other donations received since 1 April 2016 will appear in the next set of returns.

Patrick

Derby4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is 6634, or at least the rolling chassis, still at Bridgnorth?

Rob
LMS2968

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was two weeks ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: