SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GWR 4-6-0 7819 Hinton Manor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kev Cronin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: GWR 4-6-0 7819 Hinton Manor Reply with quote

Greetings! Thought we would issue an update for everyone to see!

Pleased to announce the the brand new set of tyres that were ordered for 7819, that is :-

4 bogie wheel tyres
6 driving wheel tyres
6 tender tyres

have arrived in the UK!! A little earlier than thought but they are here! Tyres to be storred for a while until delivered to the SVR in late August! They will be lifted off the truck and placed into a wagon to be storred on the railway until 7819 comes home in 2012!

This is great news and is a major step forward in getting 7819 back up and running again! Although it stopped running in 1994 as it's 10 year boiler ticket had ran out, the tyres were down to scrapping size! The SVR Rolling Stock Trust having bought the tyres, has given 7819 a new lease of life as the new tyres should last many, many years!!!

This is a great start, but there is still loads to do and still lots of money to raise! The SVR Wolverhampton Branch have comissioned a book on Wolverhampton steam in colour, and a painting of 7819 climbing Talerdigg! Details of these are available on the website for the Wolverhampton Branch, together with all the info on the scale models that they are also doing of 7819 and various brake vans! All monies go towards 7819's rebuild so please dig deep!!!

Also being made available soon thanks to Karl Jauncey of PSOV, is a DVD of 7819 Hinton Manor! The DVD follows 7819 on the SVR and on it's mainline outings between 1987 and 1993! The DVD is 51 minutes long and also includes a footplate journey on 7819 between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster, with one Ray Tranter as the Driver! Some excellent scenes in the DVD and shows just why 7819 was so well liked!! The cost of the DVD will be £10 and again all monies go towards the rebuild of 7819! If you are interested in the DVD, leave me a note and i will get back to you ASAP! More details will be made available once DVD is available! Laughing

More updates will be posted as time goes on! Many thanks for the continuing support, and please keep the support coming! 7819 was a flagship engine for the SVR in the 80's and 90's and will be again!

Hopefully, this news will have a certain Mr Tranter smiling!! We've made a start Ray!! Wink

Kev Cronin + Dave Evans
Derby4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly given the crazy world we live in, can I respectfully suggest that you ensure your new--and expensive--tyres are secure "stored in a wagon", from you-know-who.....
Clarke_T

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news Kev, Looking forward to seeing the old girl return without the rust holes in the cab sides!
Saw her on Monday at Swindon, looking well looked after by the guys at Swindon, full marks for presentation

Clicky for a piccy Smile
Kev Cronin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, many thanks for the picture! The team at Swindon are doing an ace job in looking after 7819!

With regards to the DVD that will be made available to buy in the very near future! If you are interested in buying a copy of the DVD then please send an E-Mail to the address below with any enquires and info if you want one mailing to you!!

hinton.manor@gmail.com

Please bear in mind, the address will be being managed by me (Kev), and i work as a train driver for London Midland!! Some of the hours i work are strange so if you do e-mail the above address to buy copy of DVD or want info on 7819, the reply may take a little time, as i also have to juggle the family life as well!!! Please be patient, i will get to replying!!!

DVD's cost £10 pound, so will probably cost an extra £3 with posting and packaging! All monies go towards 7819 return to steam! Will confirm the total cost with postage and packaging when DVD's are released!!

Many Thanks!

( if you hadn't noticed, some of my spelling is pants!!! Apologies!! )
Jeff Albiston

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: 7819 Hinton Manor update! Reply with quote

Kev Cronin wrote:
This is a great start, but there is still loads to do and still lots of money to raise! The SVR Wolverhampton Branch have comissioned a book on Wolverhampton steam in colour, and a painting of 7819 climbing Talerdigg! Details of these are available on the website for the Wolverhampton Branch, together with all the info on the scale models that they are also doing of 7819 and various brake vans! All monies go towards 7819's rebuild so please dig deep!!!

Also being made available soon thanks to Karl Jauncey of PSOV, is a DVD of 7819 Hinton Manor! The DVD follows 7819 on the SVR and on it's mainline outings between 1987 and 1993! The DVD is 51 minutes long and also includes a footplate journey on 7819 between Bridgnorth and Kidderminster, with one Ray Tranter as the Driver! Some excellent scenes in the DVD and shows just why 7819 was so well liked!! The cost of the DVD will be £10 and again all monies go towards the rebuild of 7819! If you are interested in the DVD, leave me a note and i will get back to you ASAP! More details will be made available once DVD is available! Laughing

Kev Cronin + Dave Evans

That is great news about 7819. I'll be honest to say I was too young to see 7819 in action, either on the SVR or on it's mainline outings. So may have to purchase the DVD when it becomes available.
trains2064

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be great to see 7819 back. On my very first visit to the valley as an 8 year old she was my loco a memory which has stayed with my every since. I can't wait to see her. Hpefully with 7802 and 7812.

Very Happy
hearn_p

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per its website, the Wolverhampton Branch has arranged a table (F58) at the Warley Show (NEC 20-21 November) as part of its continuing support for 7819 Hinton Manor

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
hearn_p

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.svr-rollingstocktrust.org.uk/news/news_oct_2010.html

Quote:
7819 at MacArthur Glenn shopping centre, formerly Swindon works, is set to receive its annual seasonal decorations. Whether you think embellishing a steam locomotive with fairy lights and tinsel is in good taste or not, the fact is it will draw attention to the loco. People will then notice the leaflets, and the Rolling Stock Trust is also negotiating for a DVD to be played beside the engine to raise awareness and increase its ‘take’

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
Derby4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book produced to support the Hinton Manor Appeal, mentioned on the SVR Rolling Stock Trust site, "Wolverhampton Railways in Colour" was seen on sale at Ashwood Nurseries, Kingswinford recently, complete with notice explaining that the book was sold in aid of the Appeal.

Ashwood Nursery supported the SVR Flood Appeal in 2007/8 by having several posters around their site.

Small plug for them, decent plants, and an excellent restaurant, as well as being sensitive to helping a fellow West Midlands business.

Rob
J-Green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is related to an SVR volunteer working at the Nurseries.

all opinions are very much my own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/edwardianeccentric
The_Mighty_Kings

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev - Happy New Year.

Hope all is going well with raising funds etc for my old fav

Any news on a possible cheeky BBQ event as a fund raising bash??

PS Sent my raffle tickets back... if I win I will reinvest the prize in the engine!
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SVR Rolling Stock Trust have asked MacArthur Glenn shopping centre at Swindon to hold onto 7819 for another year while it continues to raise funds for her overhaul (Rolling Stock Trust news)

http://www.svr-rollingstocktrust.org.uk/news/news_apr_2012.html

Patrick
martin wood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for the record,7819's final turns were an evening special on the 6/1/95 with john price(full) and myself,then light engine next day to bridgnorth as it's final under own power trip with columb howell and andy eynon
Lench_S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry wasn't sure where else to put this.

The SVR Wolverhampton Branch website has malware associated with it and is harmful to users, according to Google, which prevented me from accessing the site!
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the webmaster around a week ago, so they should be aware

Details of all branch meetings are at http://www.svr-association.org.uk/branchmtgs1.html

Patrick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: