SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress on the Barry Coach
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunter_i

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Progress on the Barry Coach Reply with quote

Among the latest Bridgnorth photos is a background shot of the Barry Coach, which still seems to be in a partially renovated state. Any update on progress?
P Thornhill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Barry Coach Reply with quote

hunter_i wrote:
Among the latest Bridgnorth photos is a background shot of the Barry Coach, which still seems to be in a partially renovated state. Any update on progress?

The Svr news has an article on it in the latest issue that has just come out!
hunter_i

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though http://www.barrycoachfund.org.uk/ says:

Quote:
Information for May 2009
Sad

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
DF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
Though http://www.barrycoachfund.org.uk/ says:

Quote:
Information for May 2009
Sad

Patrick

The old fund web site has not been up dated recently due to the old webmaster having gone to live in Belarus. Confused

However, there have been some changes to the Barry coach organisation! I have always wanted to change the owing group into a charity so to that end we have set up the Barry Railway Carriage Trust.

Plus within the next few days we will be launching our new website www.brct.org.uk don’t bother looking yet, it still isn’t live. Wink

Additionally the coach is being officially handed over to the Trust on the Sunday of the Autumn Gala so you are all welcome to come down to ‘sleepy-ville’ to watch. We are also going to be there throughout the Gala so if you want to come and chat to me and/or the others members of the Trust feel free to come along. Cool
hearn_p

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news indeed. Is the Barry Railway Carriage Trust yet a charity, and if so can you post up the number and I'll include it in the "Express Points" list?

Thanks

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
DF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Barry Coach 163 was officially handed over to the Trust yesterday during the Autumn Gala, which was part of the process of applying to become a registered charity. I will post on this Forum when we are finally accepted as such!

I would like to make a correction to the notes which appeared in the current Severn Valley Magazine about the coach. Between submitting the article to the Editor and publication the Trustees of BRCT decided that membership of the organisation should be revised to £10.00 per annum and that existing members would be credited with the future years membership. Thus we had missed the deadline to alter the article to reflect these changes to our membership.

Additionally we have now launched our new web-site but are experiencing problems making changes and updating it, thus we now need to find new web-hosting etc. so changes can be made more easily.

Thanks

Dave Flavell
hearn_p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVR Special Events page

Quote:
May 19-20: 1862 – A Victorian Day Out. Revised Fares and Special Timetable

Step back to 1895 with a visit to Barry Railway Coach No. 163 at Hampton Loade. This carriage is well worth a visit and will be open on both days.

Excellent news!

DF wrote:
The Barry Coach 163 was officially handed over to the Trust yesterday during the Autumn Gala, which was part of the process of applying to become a registered charity. I will post on this Forum when we are finally accepted as such!

As a matter of interest, (how) is this progessing?

Thanks

Patrick

P.S. Incidentally, I looked up the website for the news and see it's not been updated for a while, presumbly because...

DF wrote:
Additionally we have now launched our new web-site but are experiencing problems making changes and updating it, thus we now need to find new web-hosting etc. so changes can be made more easily
DF

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
SVR Special Events page

Quote:
May 19-20: 1862 – A Victorian Day Out. Revised Fares and Special Timetable

Step back to 1895 with a visit to Barry Railway Coach No. 163 at Hampton Loade. This carriage is well worth a visit and will be open on both days.

Excellent news!

The SVR’s Victorian Day event, is a golden opportunity for use to showcase the Barry Coach, however it transpires that several of our members, including myself have other commitments on this day (I will be in Cornwall). Thus Mr. Jones would appreciate some assistance over this event, any volunteers please!

hearn_p wrote:

DF wrote:

As a matter of interest, (how) is this progessing?

Thanks

Patrick

The purpose of setting up the Barry Railway Carriage Trust was to create a charity which would be able to look after maintain the coach in the future. However before applying for charitable status several criteria had to be met or established some of which we set for ourselves, thus we are still in going through this process. One of these was to improve our income stream because previously, lack of finance has impeded the restoration process of the coach. Therefore over the last twelve months the Trust has concentrated all its efforts on converting Van 66 (courtesy of the 813 Fund) into our fund raising brick-a-back shop in the bay at Hampton Loade. Plus since October we have also started selling some of our donated items on e-bay.

hearn_p wrote:

P.S. Incidentally, I looked up the website for the news and see it's not been updated for a while, presumbly because...

DF wrote:
Additionally we have now launched our new web-site but are experiencing problems making changes and updating it, thus we now need to find new web-hosting etc. so changes can be made more easily

I don’t understand web-site design or how to upload same but I understand there has been a problem, so if there is someone out there who would like to volunteer to help us with this? Please contact me.
jackson_p

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DF wrote:
hearn_p wrote:

DF wrote:
I don’t understand web-site design or how to upload same but I understand there has been a problem, so if there is someone out there who would like to volunteer to help us with this? Please contact me.
Dave, Someone has contacted the SVRA to offer help with your web site. I will send you a PM with the details.
JWKB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening all,
Is there any further progress with the coach ? I ask as I am unable to find the groups website.

All the best
Lench_S

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Facebook Reply with quote

The Barry Railway Carriage Trust has a new Facebook page!

Please take a look and contribute to the October caption competition...

www.facebook.com/BarryRailwayCarriageTrust

There are plenty of photos and news of the latest progress for those interested.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've "liked" it.

It's also been tweeted on the official account

Patrick
Lench_S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
I've "liked" it.

It's also been tweeted on the official account

Patrick

Thanks very much. Its not my page but I posted the link to help spread awareness for the trust...
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Facebook Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:
The Barry Railway Carriage Trust has a new Facebook page!

Please take a look and contribute to the October caption competition...

www.facebook.com/BarryRailwayCarriageTrust

There are plenty of photos and news of the latest progress for those interested.

34 likes at the moment, please help the trust get to 50 likes by the end of the week!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: