SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progress on the Barry Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick813

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Barry 97 Reply with quote

Hello,
Barry 97 coach body is now at the P&B ry.

Nick
Lench_S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Barry 97 Reply with quote

nick813 wrote:
Hello,

Nick

Thanks Nick. That change was made the other day after being pointed out by our chairman but I must have forgotten to sync the copy on my PC with the hosting server.

When I have access to my PC I'll upload the correct version.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Barry 97 Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:
nick813 wrote:
Hello,

Nick

Thanks Nick. That change was made the other day after being pointed out by our chairman but I must have forgotten to sync the copy on my PC with the hosting server.

When I have access to my PC I'll upload the correct version.

Now the hype of preparing for a Spring Gala is over - this has been fixed, thank you.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest restoration update is available from the Barry Railway Carriage Trust:

http://www.barryrailwaycarriagetrust.org.uk/restoration_updates.html

Frequent updates posted to Facebook:

www.facebook.com/BarryRailwayCarriageTrust
Divington_R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:

Looking at the web pages the plan is for the coach to be in use in 2020. May I raise two questions for those involved?
Q1. Is the plan on target to meet 2020?
q2. I think the coach is sitting on track that is not connected to the main railway. How will it get across to the railway?

Ps May I comment that it is a pity thst the web pages do not appear to be updated that frequently.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divington_R wrote:
Lench_S wrote:

Looking at the web pages the plan is for the coach to be in use in 2020. May I raise two questions for those involved?
Q1. Is the plan on target to meet 2020?
q2. I think the coach is sitting on track that is not connected to the main railway. How will it get across to the railway?

Ps May I comment that it is a pity thst the web pages do not appear to be updated that frequently.

Hi Reg

Thank you for your questions and comments.

I will put the questions you ask to the trustees and provide a response here.

Here is what I can provide in the meantime:

1) Our target date for completion of carriage 163 is dependent upon us raising at least a further 25,000. We will need to significantly increase our income and volunteer numbers to achieve this.

2) I understand the plan is to get 163 on to the railway in the same manner it got onto the specially laid track - by crane.

Website) Our website is updated approximately twice a year with our targets for the coming year and progress made. Unfortunately we do not have a volunteer who is able to commit more time to update the site frequently and can edit web pages. I volunteered in 2014 to create a website for the trust as it had never succeeded in having a complete website previously.

We have our Facebook page which is managed by another volunteer and followed by nearly a 1000 people and is updated on average weekly with details of our progress and plans etc. Anyone can view this and you do not need to be a Facebook user.

The compromise we are able to come to is feeding the Facebook page into the website to provide up to date information and progress. We are happy with this compromise as we have an up to date web presence on Facebook with the website available for more detailed information on our project, its history and how to help us etc.

The aim is for the website itself to be 'timeless' apart from details on the Our Project page which set out our plans for the coming year. If you have found other material you feel to be out of date please let me know.

The 'restoration updates' page was started with good intentions but is diffucult to keep up to date without simply repeating the progress documented on Facebook already.

I hope this goes some way towards answering your questions and comments. If you are at Hampton Loade and see volunteers working on 163 or in our fund shop in van 66 I'm sure they would be delighted to talk to you more about our project.

Sam Lench
Trustee and Webmaster
Barry Railway Carriage Trust
Divington_R

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sam, what a well explained reply and thank you for your efforts.

I hope the group is able to get the monies together to achieve the target year 2020 for getting the coach running along the SVR. I could not figure out how the coach would be able to join the working railway and completely overlooked the use of a crane.

The limitation on the number of volunteers, managing the web pages and reverting to Facebook is understandable. May I recommend when the web pages are occasionally updated then a note is placed on this forum?

When I get over to Hampton Loade I must put some cash into your groups collecting tin. Good luck and thank you again for the reply.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their form on http://barryrailwaycarriagetrust.org.uk/brctwebform.pdf does have account details so I guess a bank transfer works too?

Sort Code 30-94-70
Account number - 21580768
Business Name - Barry Railway Carriage Trust

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: