SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1940s Weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm Roberts apraisal of how busy we were. FS1 (7L) (7 LMS for the uninitiated) was full and standing for most of the two round trips. For the 1.00pm the Kidderminster barriers were closed well before the train was due to leave.

Highley platform did look bursting at the seams. When the second up for FS1 arrived at 5.16 Kidderminster platform resembled a busy London terminal in the rush hour.
xpc smooth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was flying the evening specail and I can confirm that KR was wedged, despite the rain. It took me about 8 minutes to get from the platform end to the forecourt to phone the missus. I reckon my train carried the usual 200 or so inebriates back up the Valley.

The journey back, under a "bombers' moon" was simply magic, although the wet rails following the rain subdued any theatrics. Stilll, 43106 and 10 Mk1s made some nice noises.

Regards,

jtx
chris thomas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threelinkdave wrote:
I can confirm Roberts apraisal of how busy we were. FS1 (7L) (7 LMS for the uninitiated) was full and standing for most of the two round trips. For the 1.00pm the Kidderminster barriers were closed well before the train was due to leave.

Highley platform did look bursting at the seams. When the second up for FS1 arrived at 5.16 Kidderminster platform resembled a busy London terminal in the rush hour.

Early signs are that the loss of football was our gain on the second weekend, as it was VERY much busier than the first (which was somewhat quiet). Having five steam locos can't have hurt, and the forecast was a little better too. We were lucky not to be too badly affected by the extreme weather at the end of the week.
Now for a quieter couple of weekends before Peep!
michaelh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris thomas wrote:
threelinkdave wrote:

Early signs are that the loss of football was our gain on the second weekend, as it was VERY much busier than the first (which was somewhat quiet). Having five steam locos can't have hurt, and the forecast was a little better too. We were lucky not to be too badly affected by the extreme weather at the end of the week.
Now for a quieter couple of weekends before Peep!

Surprised that first weekend was somewhat quiet - seemed very busy when I travelled on the Saturday - but perhaps it's all relative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: