SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GWR 0-6-0PT 5764
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KJEvans



Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 1238
Location: Kidderminster or Edinburgh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe you are right about the boiler ticket, certainly I have heard that it is being used mostly for steam heat during the santas. The motion is sounding especially worn out and I understand it is spare engine for santas.
_________________
Kieren, Kidderminster Station Staff and TTI

GWR=Gresley Was Right...to learn from the Great Western
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
P Thornhill



Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 462

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJEvans wrote:
I do believe you are right about the boiler ticket, certainly I have heard that it is being used mostly for steam heat during the santas. The motion is sounding especially worn out and I understand it is spare engine for santas.

Why are we lending it out then?
The WSR is not exactly the most forgiving railway so how come we are lending it to them when it is considered worthy only as spare engine?
Shoudn't the last workings be on the SVR for an engine that has given such useful service over the years?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KJEvans



Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 1238
Location: Kidderminster or Edinburgh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P Thornhill wrote:
Why are we lending it out then?
The WSR is not exactly the most forgiving railway so how come we are lending it to them when it is considered worthy only as spare engine?
Shoudn't the last workings be on the SVR for an engine that has given such useful service over the years?

Tbf, this is the first I heard of it going elsewhere, I did heard there was the possibility of some action after christmas, but that was on the SVR.
Well, as long as it doesn't break too much it's ok. It will soldier on, even on one cylinder like it did a week before the ASG.
_________________
Kieren, Kidderminster Station Staff and TTI

GWR=Gresley Was Right...to learn from the Great Western
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hassell_a



Joined: 18 Sep 2004
Posts: 1431
Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJEvans wrote:
P Thornhill wrote:
Why are we lending it out then?
The WSR is not exactly the most forgiving railway so how come we are lending it to them when it is considered worthy only as spare engine?
Shoudn't the last workings be on the SVR for an engine that has given such useful service over the years?

Tbf, this is the first I heard of it going elsewhere, I did heard there was the possibility of some action after christmas, but that was on the SVR.
Well, as long as it doesn't break too much it's ok. It will soldier on, even on one cylinder like it did a week before the ASG.


I'm sure that I've asked this before, but are you some kind of official spokesman for the MPD?
_________________
Adrian

http://www.4930hagleyhall.org.uk

All Comments and Opinions are my own and do not reflect those of SVR (Holdings) PLC, SVR Company Limited, or SVR Charitable Trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Inspector Biffo



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 275
Location: Kiddy Yard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing would appear so Aidy....
_________________
Jeff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cherry_p



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 1869
Location: Solihull

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KJEvans wrote:
It will soldier on, even on one cylinder like it did a week before the ASG.
Even tho the known weak point with it is the boiler ??? .......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Buffer



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Posts: 682
Location: Leamington Spa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hassell_a wrote:
KJEvans wrote:
P Thornhill wrote:
Why are we lending it out then?
The WSR is not exactly the most forgiving railway so how come we are lending it to them when it is considered worthy only as spare engine?
Shoudn't the last workings be on the SVR for an engine that has given such useful service over the years?

Tbf, this is the first I heard of it going elsewhere, I did heard there was the possibility of some action after christmas, but that was on the SVR.
Well, as long as it doesn't break too much it's ok. It will soldier on, even on one cylinder like it did a week before the ASG.


I'm sure that I've asked this before, but are you some kind of official spokesman for the MPD?


Does the MPD have an official spokesman on this forum? If not, someone is sure to step in to fill the vacuum with gossip and often ill-informed speculation.
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service. When can we expect to see 7714 back? Answers, please, only from those who really know!
_________________
Buffer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hassell_a



Joined: 18 Sep 2004
Posts: 1431
Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffer wrote:
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service.


I completely agree - fantastic machines!

Buffer wrote:
When can we expect to see 7714 back? Answers, please, only from those who really know!


http://www.svr-engineering.co.uk seems to be the best source for such info (nothing recent about 7714 though).
_________________
Adrian

http://www.4930hagleyhall.org.uk

All Comments and Opinions are my own and do not reflect those of SVR (Holdings) PLC, SVR Company Limited, or SVR Charitable Trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oliver



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Bridgnorth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service.

Totally agree, it will be much better! Very Happy Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
J-Green



Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 807
Location: Herefordshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliver wrote:
Quote:
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service.

Totally agree, it will be much better! Very Happy Laughing


Harsh words. Looking forward to seeing 7714 back - anyone know if it will get a repaint?
_________________
doing nothing in particular but doing it very well.

all opinions are very much my own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/edwardianeccentric
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hassell_a



Joined: 18 Sep 2004
Posts: 1431
Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliver wrote:
Quote:
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service.

Totally agree, it will be much better! Very Happy Laughing


They just need manning, that's all.
_________________
Adrian

http://www.4930hagleyhall.org.uk

All Comments and Opinions are my own and do not reflect those of SVR (Holdings) PLC, SVR Company Limited, or SVR Charitable Trust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bradleyman



Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 827

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliver wrote:
Quote:
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service.

Totally agree, it will be much better! Very Happy Laughing


What a strange view! - which type of 0-6-0t would you consider to be better??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cherry_p



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 1869
Location: Solihull

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradleyman wrote:
oliver wrote:
Quote:
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service.

Totally agree, it will be much better! Very Happy Laughing


What a strange view! - which type of 0-6-0t would you consider to be better??
and bearing in mind that I'm an LMS fan, PLEASE don't say the Jinty !!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
oliver



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 870
Location: Bridgnorth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
which type of 0-6-0t would you consider to be better??

I know its strictly classed as a pannier, but I would class 1501 much better.
I dont' mind panniers as such, especially on the goods at a gala etc. I just prefer tender loco's or something like 5164 which look more at home pulling the usual 7/8 coaches used on the SVR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
P Thornhill



Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 462

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
bradleyman wrote:
oliver wrote:
Quote:
The SVR will not be the same without a pannier in regular service.

Totally agree, it will be much better! Very Happy Laughing


What a strange view! - which type of 0-6-0t would you consider to be better??
and bearing in mind that I'm an LMS fan, PLEASE don't say the Jinty !!


Nah he wants 193 Shropshire Rolling Eyes Laughing

The panniers are part of the valley scene so I hope it isn't long till we see a 57xx again! Plus they have to work for a living so much better than the bigger engines. Definately a fan of the pannier thrash me!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group