SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WANTED for promo in Heritage Railway mag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris thomas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: WANTED for promo in Heritage Railway mag Reply with quote

Peter Willoughby, of the Peep Behind the Scenes committee, says:

In the last “Peep” update I requested a short paragraph or two from some of you to explain what happens on your patch behind the scenes, while a few of you have said you will put something together there is still not enough to ask Heritage Railway Magazine to produce a two or even three page article and we are running out of time.

During the last two Q&As much was made of the lack of publicity given to the SVR and the work we do yet here we have an excellent opportunity to change that with just a little input from each of us.

In under a few minutes I put together a piece explaining the very dull subject of a organising a Special Event. I know you all have far more interesting experiences to share than that, so please don’t be left out and give it a shot.

We all beaver away on something dear to our heart with little idea of the role played by others, and as such your short article might well be of interest to those involved in another department on the railway as well as our visitors this in turn may also foster a better understanding between paid staff and volunteers something the SVR are keen to address.

So whether you run the Railway with a Blackberry, clean rusty metal with a wire brush or keep the wheels turning and make sure every train has a guard there are thousands of potential visitors out there wanting to know how you do it and may be encouraged to join us.

It needs to be with me by 25th April in any format and pictures are welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: