SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Members & Shareholders Weekend April 20th/21st 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradleyman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Members & Shareholders Weekend April 20th/21st 2013 Reply with quote

In addition to the advertised attractions, the EMF shop at Bewdley will offer 10% discount on all purchases exceeding 50 over the weekend.

On the saturday evening, as part of the EMF 40th anniversary year, a pre preservation era Cambrian themed slide & film show will take place in the Kidderminster Railway Museum starting at 7.30pm.

Slides will come from the collection of Richard Icke who is a member of Dinmore Manor Locomotive Ltd.

Advance tickets for this event can be purchased from the EMF shop at Bewdley - price 6 each. All profits from this event will be divided between KRM, EMF & 7820 (Dinmore Manor Loco ltd).
Derby4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question: Is there non-dining passenger accommodation on the return "diner" on the Saturday, ie the 2-10pm ex-Bridgnorth please?Just working out a schedule to visit intermediate stations on the way back.

I know this has been discussed before, but cannot recall what the answer was.

Thanks in advance

Rob
cherry_p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Just a quick question: Is there non-dining passenger accommodation on the return "diner" on the Saturday, ie the 2-10pm ex-Bridgnorth please?

The set for this is 8 coaches, as opposed to the normal 5 for the diner, so should be at least 3 coaches not involved with diner operation.
Derby4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, thats appreciated.

Regards

Rob
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diner 12.00 ex KD does not stop at Bewdley on the down service. It may not stop pn the return 2.10 ex BH. There is a discrepancy between the event leaflet and the WTT that may need clarification.
Derby4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. As you mention, the return "diner" is shown in the Public timetable for the weekend as stopping at Bewdley, so needs to be considered by our operating department. Dont want to overcarry passengers!

Really looking foreward to this weekend, Saturday looks like being a superb day weather-wise.

Hope all the shops at BY are open all day, ie EMF, Station Fund and the GW one. Then going to try and call at both Arley and Hampton Loade shops as well as a look round at Bridgnorth, hence the "train hopping" schedule. ( the wife tells me we cannot find space for any more railway books.....)

Rob
J-Green

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
( the wife tells me we cannot find space for any more railway books.....)

Rob

I got told that...got a 15' Signal Box diagram arriving today Smile

all opinions are very much my own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/edwardianeccentric
mick_wilson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-Green wrote:
Derby4 wrote:

Rob

You are a brave man. A very brave man! Surprised
Derby4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent day on the Valley today. Lots of passengers about.

Should make up in some small way for what I assume were disappointing figures for the "Spring" gala.
sharpo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Excellent day on the Valley today. Lots of passengers about.

Should make up in some small way for what I assume were disappointing figures for the "Spring" gala.

Haven't got the magazine handy, but it did give some passenger numbers for the Gala, and it was low.

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Peter Share

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Gala Numbers Reply with quote

Quoted in the update at the Engine House by Nick Ralls - Gala weekend registered approx 50% of budgeted figures, but overall total still ahead of budget at end March.
Derby4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marketing always like "feedback" dont they! So here goes:

1: Retired couple, both shareholders: Commented that they love the "ambience", firstly our varied period rolling stock to travel in, and secondly the husband just liked to sit on our various stations, in his case particularly Bewdley, and just "watch the trains go by". They were by the way, shareholders but not members, reasoning being that their shareholding gives them travel vouchers each year. Tried to sell a joint Senior membership to them on the basis of the SVR News. Not sure I convinced them!

(I spent time sitting waiting for my my next trains at both Arley and HL. So tranquil, just the birds and lambs....lovely)

2: Young mother travelling with five year old son. They had been to Bodenham (Wolverley..?) Arboretum in the morning and the youngster asked to go for a ride on the train. They were doing the round trip KDR -BH - KDR, and as was evident he just loved to stand and look out of the window at the passing countryside, canoes on the river, spring lambs flowers, elephants, rhinos...! etc.
Maybe we take for granted the beautiful scenery along the Valley in our haste to transport our customers from end to end! ( and here by the way was a five year old exercising a positive choice on his parent to visit the SVR).

3: One shareholder registered some disappointment that there were no new "Bridgnorth" plans on display at Bridgnorth, he had travelled to see them before buying more shares. (I have seen the GM's comments, clearly this shareholder had not.)

Rob
J-Green

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mick_wilson wrote:
J-Green wrote:
Derby4 wrote:

Rob

You are a brave man. A very brave man! Surprised

No, just stupid Very Happy

all opinions are very much my own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/edwardianeccentric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: