SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating an SVR Wiki site.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
The subject of individual members having their own page has come up via another thread.
It's something I've avoided until now, as it seemed like a lot of work collecting photos and information, when some people might not want to be featured.
Festipedia lists 200 people, from the earliest days up until the present. Should we do something similar?

In the preservation era, the ones I have created so far are public figures who had an association with the SVR, eg Nabarro, the Earl of Lindsay and Viscount Cobham. These pages give more information on their SVR connection than is found (or would be welcome!) on their Wikipedia entry. Otherwise a number of individuals past and present are mentioned, but I have avoided creating dedicated pages for them for much the same reasons you give.

On the 'long term to do list', I had considered adding some lists of officials in particular roles, similar to the Festipedia List of general managers. Past station masters on the station pages and so on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: