SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season Finale Gala: 04 to 06 November 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharpo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

threelinkdave wrote:

All in all I dont think we are any worse than NR and often much better

At least with NR there is RTT (and diagrams for those who subscribe to Railcam) making it easier to track trains. Now if the SVR had a webcam at each station we would at least know if a train had departed, or not.

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Joe2027

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Ponsford wrote:
threelinkdave wrote:
Derby4 wrote:
threelinkdave:
Despite the other poster's comments, presumably there are systems in place for such an incident, appointed first-aiders to make an initial assessment, and then a decision to call in the emergency services.
Someone falling in a narrow side corridor who might have a spinal injury or broken hip would make extraction a difficult procedure after careful assessment by the professionals. Not something to be rushed.
I would not like to comment on the specific circumstances as I was not there and would not wish to comment on an individuals medical condition.

With regard to the lady who fell, as a healthcare professional I can say proper procedures were followed. I was 10 feet away from the action. I have no problems with the way it was handled or the length of the delay.

Maybe clueless was the wrong description. However, there were a lot of SVR staff engaged in discussions on the platforms at both Kid. and Bewd. Trains were altered, held or cancelled. We were told one thing by one person, only for another to tell us something else. An 813 hauled local was held at Bewd. for 45 min. Both guards told us different things before admitting they didn't know what was happening. May be there was someone running the show but to an outsider, it did not appear so.

Sorry to here you didnít have a good day on the SVR. I was going to go from Kidderminster to Bewdley. But when I noticed, the crab wasnít in Kidderminster when I got there at 1230pm I knew something was going wrong. A book seller in the museum said that a woman had been taken ill at Highley.

Throughout the afternoon it became apparent that most services were about an hour late. Though Erlestoke Manor managed to turn around quick at KID in the afternoon at about 3pm and was only about 15 mins late departing.

I spent the spare time in the museum reading my newspaper and having cups of tea. I noticed along the SVR the prices of beverages are different at each station. I think the SVR should standardise the price of beverages and snacks at SVR stations.
Danny252

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe2027 wrote:
Though Erlestoke Manor managed to turn around quick at KID in the afternoon at about 3pm and was only about 15 mins late departing.

Sadly, it then spent a long time waiting at Bewdley and Arley for other trains, as they were all still an hour late! With so many trains floating about, it seemed quite difficult to make much improvement even if one train could be turned around quickly.

Last edited by Danny252 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
terry-moore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the gala. SVR galas are still the best. Shame about the delays but these things happen from time to time and there isn' much anyone can do about it. Looking forward to the Spring Gala in March.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: