SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carriage questions. 25771 and the Shrewsbury Saloon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Carriage questions. 25771 and the Shrewsbury Saloon Reply with quote

In the interests of keeping svrwiki accurate and up to date, can anyone tell me if the description of BR Mk1 25771 as "In service in Set N, replacing the Gresley Carriage under overhaul." is still correct? I can't remember seeing it in Set N since we've had nine teaks in use, but I could easily have missed it.

Also, the Christmas 2017 brochure mentions the "Shrewsbury Saloon".
I take it this will be either 80969 or 80972 and the nameboard will simply be attached to whichever one is in use on the day? Can anyone confirm this?
cherry_p

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Carriage questions. 25771 and the Shrewsbury Saloon Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
I take it this will be either 80969 or 80972 and the nameboard will simply be attached to whichever one is in use on the day? Can anyone confirm this?
The "Shrewsbury Saloon" is 80972. It was formerly the Shrewsbury District Inspector's Saloon on BR.
KJEvans

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Carriage questions. 25771 and the Shrewsbury Saloon Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
In the interests of keeping svrwiki accurate and up to date, can anyone tell me if the description of BR Mk1 25771 as "In service in Set N, replacing the Gresley Carriage under overhaul." is still correct? I can't remember seeing it in Set N since we've had nine teaks in use, but I could easily have missed it.

It was in use at the gala in one half of set N, I think the BCK and the wheelchair coach are both out for work atm.

As pete says 80972 is the shrewsbury saloon. IIRC the kitchen is more complete (than 80969) so hot food can be served.

GWR=Gresley Was Right...to learn from the Great Western
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both, I've edited the pages to suit.
michaelh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Carriage questions. 25771 and the Shrewsbury Saloon Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
Graham wrote:
The "Shrewsbury Saloon" is 80972. It was formerly the Shrewsbury District Inspector's Saloon on BR.

Shrewsbury Area Manager's Saloon
Robin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugh McQuade's article in SVR News 155 referred to its role as District Civil Engineer's mobile offices, however a letter from David Giddins in SVR News 154 referred to the 'Manager's Saloon'. I've updated the SVR Wiki to refer to both versions, but any other info would be welcome.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25771 has been in set N for a month or two and was for the gala too, along with 9220.
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Severn Valley Railway group of companies, Hampton Loade Station Fund or Barry Railway Carriage Trust.
michaelh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
Hugh McQuade's article in SVR News 155 referred to its role as District Civil Engineer's mobile offices, however a letter from David Giddins in SVR News 154 referred to the 'Manager's Saloon'. I've updated the SVR Wiki to refer to both versions, but any other info would be welcome.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21979240@N07/37378048112/in/dateposted-public/
southerman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Carriage questions. 25771 and the Shrewsbury Saloon Reply with quote

Graham wrote:

25771 has been in the Gresley set all year. This is due to 24105 being withdrawn for overhaul. Which is coming to an end and will be back in service for Christmas. When the set is dropped down to 6 it comes off along with 3083, which is the official spare for set N.
During the gala. Set N was split into 2 4 car sets. The clean end 2701, 43600, 52255 and 24506 were used behind the Y14 and the other half 643, 43612, 25771 and 9220 were used as the other local. The other gresley brake, 24068 is awaiting overhaul but can be used but only if absolutely necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: