SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spring Steam Gala: 17 to 19 March 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the warning for the goods train that "Brake Van used MUST be suitable for operating the Highley Brake Van Rides." with no explanation of what makes a brake van suitable or unsuitable.
geoffsvr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather confusingly, it's called a Ticket Voucher! You have now convinced me it is valid and just needs to be dated.
But what does the website mean by "SVR Free ticket vouchers" not valid for the gala ? Are these something different to Shareholders tickets?
hearn_p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoffsvr wrote:
Rather confusingly, it's called a Ticket Voucher! You have now convinced me it is valid and just needs to be dated.
But what does the website mean by "SVR Free ticket vouchers" not valid for the gala ? Are these something different to Shareholders tickets?

Volunteers get three free travel vouchers, for their own use or use by guests, which are not valid at galas or events wth special pricing.

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
KJEvans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
geoffsvr wrote:

Volunteers get three free travel vouchers, for their own use or use by guests, which are not valid at galas or events wth special pricing.

Patrick

The ticket instructions sent out to Booking offices and TTIs lists these two as separate items.

GWR=Gresley Was Right...to learn from the Great Western
geoffsvr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining it all!
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
I like the warning for the goods train that "Brake Van used MUST be suitable for operating the Highley Brake Van Rides." with no explanation of what makes a brake van suitable or unsuitable.
I would hazard an observation that a van with doors would be more appropriate than one with bars. Just a guess
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be. Or perhaps a brake van with two verandas would be more suitable, as that would allow passengers to be confined to one end, giving the guard an unobstructed view and access to the brake.
I note also that only one brake van is being used, which means a bit more shunting at each end. Good stuff. It's all more activity and interest for visitors.
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerman wrote:
1856 was in the process of being reassembled at the end of last week. Yet to see if it will be in the set by Thursday.

Thanks, the head of on-train-buffet said it should be ready by Friday. Though I don't know they buffet from set C is used.
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
Could be. Or perhaps a brake van with two verandas would be more suitable, as that would allow passengers to be confined to one end, giving the guard an unobstructed view and access to the brake.
I note also that only one brake van is being used, which means a bit more shunting at each end. Good stuff. It's all more activity and interest for visitors.
I'll let you know. I relieve the guard on the BV rides at Highley on friday afternoon. Engine and van move to BH where I pick up the freight and shunt the van to the rear for the return to BY.
Joe2027

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will I be allowed on the platforms at Bridgnorth, Bewdley or Kidderminster without a gala ticket?
hearn_p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the discretion of the SM. If busy, no (the gist of the reply on the official facebook page this week)

Patrick

See http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3628 for feedback options to the SVR
thompson_r

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWR5764PT wrote:
southerman wrote:
1856 was in the process of being reassembled at the end of last week. Yet to see if it will be in the set by Thursday.

Thanks, the head of on-train-buffet said it should be ready by Friday.

Just got back from Kidderminster, and 1856 was sitting in EL2 as part of the GW(6) set, so looks good for the weekend.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spring Steam Gala Working Timetable is on SVRLive http://media.wix.com/ugd/acbe94_1a9f670c4e61494b856d05c59f1f277d.pdf

Please note that 1501 will be replaced by 78xx as previously announced.

Patrick

hearn_p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erlestoke Manor Fund on FB:

Quote:
In a slight change to previous announcements, 7812 is spare at this coming weekends Spring Steam Gala however a very smartly turned out 7802 will be replacing 1501.

Patrick

threelinkdave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
We had a GW Toad. OK for 6 passengers. The Bridgnorth shunt was after dark and only a few onlookers, mostly around the Railwaymans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: