SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kidderminster Signal Box busiest ever day? 18 May 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharpo

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Kidderminster Signal Box busiest ever day? 18 May 2017 Reply with quote

Thinking about the number of trains and loco movements I saw on Thursday, has there ever been a busier day? With the gala services, the many changes of loco and the arrival of the DRS convoy, it must've been a busy day pulling levers.

As to the DRS convoy, the locos were all uncoupled and left the exchange siding one at a time, which added to the movements. On top of that, the Belle stock was shunted out of the carriage shed.

There weren't many quiet moments!

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it was, why didn't the DRS locos go back together? Where are they based?
sharpo

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWR5764PT wrote:
I suppose it was, why didn't the DRS locos go back together? Where are they based?

The locos were arriving, one 57 went to the far end of the Belle ecs siding, the other 57 collected the stock from the carriage shed then propelled it to couple up with the first 57, and finally the 88 set back to the station to work its train. They had come from Crewe.

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpo wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:

The locos were arriving, one 57 went to the far end of the Belle ecs siding, the other 57 collected the stock from the carriage shed then propelled it to couple up with the first 57, and finally the 88 set back to the station to work its train. They had come from Crewe.

I understand you now Sharpo I read it as they went separately.
Divington_R

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpo wrote:
Thinking about the number of trains and loco movements I saw on Thursday, has there ever been a busier day? With the gala services, the many changes of loco and the arrival of the DRS convoy, it must've been a busy day pulling levers.

There weren't many quiet moments!
Dear Sharpo, I would think you are absolutley right! Someone from the signalling world may be able to calculate the exact number using the in-house timetable couple with the know how on the levers in the signal box? Would be a lot of effort though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: