SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVR-H plc Shareholder photo-passes

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sue



Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: SVR-H plc Shareholder photo-passes Reply with quote

Web admin note: Split from 'SVR Member Benefits - free tea and coffee' and new topic created.
http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4052
PJ January 2018.


Meant to also ask if we should have shareholder passes with photographs on yet?

I was glad to see the first train from Bridgnorth has a longer 'turn around' time at Kidderminster on the new timetable. In our case that now leaves enough time to buy a quick lunch! Last year we only had enough time to visit the loo before the train returned as the near 2 hour wait for the next train was too long for us.

All the best for 2018 everybody
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oliver



Joined: 26 Mar 2007
Posts: 885
Location: Bridgnorth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was glad to see the first train from Bridgnorth has a longer 'turn around' time at Kidderminster on the new timetable.


We were ALL pleased to see a longer, more sensible, turnaround time at Kidderminster!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Robin



Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 318
Location: Stourbridge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shareholder benefits were listed in the Bridgnorth Share Issue prospectus which is still on the SVR website downloads page. It includes the travel, parking, and lunch benefits but no mention of free tea or coffee.

As an existing gold pass shareholder, I'm expecting to get a new 2018 parking permit before the railway reopens and it would seem logical for the new shareholder passes to be sent out at the same time. Assuming they are ready of course...

I hadn't heard of the new members benefit, but I'm about midway through a 3 year membership renewal which may explain why.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
threelinkdave



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 675
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
The shareholder benefits were listed in the Bridgnorth Share Issue prospectus which is still on the SVR website downloads page. It includes the travel, parking, and lunch benefits but no mention of free tea or coffee.

As an existing gold pass shareholder, I'm expecting to get a new 2018 parking permit before the railway reopens and it would seem logical for the new shareholder passes to be sent out at the same time. Assuming they are ready of course...

I hadn't heard of the new members benefit, but I'm about midway through a 3 year membership renewal which may explain why.
Working members also get parking permits together with the working members travel pass. Their distribution sometimes lags the reopening and in the past some leway has been given
_________________
Dave Scott
Bulleid and Gresley used auto couplers
Guard & dogsbody
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robin



Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 318
Location: Stourbridge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Robin:

Just to clarify, the free tea/coffee is a" member" benefit rather than a shareholder benefit, and my 2017 membership renewal was the first time the membership card had the add-on.
Maybe I missed an announcement, but I don't recall this benefit being announced as such, it just "appeared" !

As I mentioned, a nice touch, and appreciated.

Rob

Indeed, the comment on the shareholder benefits was a response to Sue's original question "Is there a level of shareholding that also gives such a benefit? - in hindsight it would help if I had quoted it before replying!

With my member hat on, a nice touch as you say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R Hargreaves



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 167
Location: TELFORD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Sue's post yesterday, I've only just received a silver pass and have not heard of any requirement for a photo pass? Surely if a photo pass was to be issued it would have been mentioned to new shareholders before issuing a non photo pass?
_________________
R Hargreaves
WLA volounteer
SVR shareholder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cherry_p



Joined: 17 Sep 2003
Posts: 1905
Location: Solihull

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R Hargreaves wrote:
Regarding Sue's post yesterday, I've only just received a silver pass and have not heard of any requirement for a photo pass? Surely if a photo pass was to be issued it would have been mentioned to new shareholders before issuing a non photo pass?
I understand photo-passes haven't been issued yet, but the intention is to do so this year. I couldn't remember where to send the photo to, so I enquired, and was told "A request for photos of pass holders was included in the last year’s Shareholders’ Newsletter, and again in the front of the accounts booklet, sent out last May. Although quite a number of photos have since been received, there are still a lot outstanding. Add to this the fact that the recent share offer has also created many more qualifying pass holders than we had last year. Further requests will therefore have to be made this year to achieve our goal. The current style of pass will therefore remain for a little while longer, until we can make the change."
But they really ought to have told new holders of such passes about the need for a photo -- I'll be seeing the appropriate people in the next 2 or 3 days, so I'll mention this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5797

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See also http://www.svrlive.com/shareholders 03/06/17

Quote:
As advised in the Shareholders' Newsletter issued in March [...] At some point early in 2018


Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R Hargreaves



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 167
Location: TELFORD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
R Hargreaves wrote:
Regarding Sue's post yesterday, I've only just received a silver pass and have not heard of any requirement for a photo pass? Surely if a photo pass was to be issued it would have been mentioned to new shareholders before issuing a non photo pass?
I understand photo-passes haven't been issued yet, but the intention is to do so this year. I couldn't remember where to send the photo to, so I enquired, and was told "A request for photos of pass holders was included in the last year’s Shareholders’ Newsletter, and again in the front of the accounts booklet, sent out last May. Although quite a number of photos have since been received, there are still a lot outstanding. Add to this the fact that the recent share offer has also created many more qualifying pass holders than we had last year. Further requests will therefore have to be made this year to achieve our goal. The current style of pass will therefore remain for a little while longer, until we can make the change."
But they really ought to have told new holders of such passes about the need for a photo -- I'll be seeing the appropriate people in the next 2 or 3 days, so I'll mention this.
Thanks Pete
_________________
R Hargreaves
WLA volounteer
SVR shareholder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group