SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BR 0-6-0PT 1501
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KHARDS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: BR 0-6-0PT 1501 Reply with quote

anyone know, as 1501 goes out of service in two weeks, any ideas as to if it will be painted for highley, stuck in a siding for 6months before work commences or is due a fairly immediate start once 4566 and 7812 leave the shed.
LMS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that it might go into Highley for about a year before begining the overhaul. If this is the case, I doubt that it would be repainted.

Have also heard though that it's overhaul could begin almost immediatly after being taken out of service (therefore not going in Highley) because it is expected to be quite a quick job.
olly5764

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she does go into Highley then it won't be for long. She had here tyres changed, and the bottom end done a couple of years back, you don't do that to a loco that is about to be laid up for a long time!
KHARDS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imagine, 1501 back in a year and halfs time, if something radical happened to 4150 we could have
7714, 5764, 4566, 5164, 4566, 1501. The ultimate GWR branch line! Get dennis howells to baser 9466 up here!!!!!
hassell_a

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KHARDS wrote:
Get dennis howells to baser 9466 up here!!!!!

No thanks!
mick_wilson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hassell_a wrote:
KHARDS wrote:
Get dennis howells to baser 9466 up here!!!!!
No thanks!
Why not? What's wrong with it? What's wrong with Dennis?
KHARDS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a 14xx, 13xx and 16xx.

I like 9466. looks good on the valley
michaelh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KHARDS wrote:
And a 14xx, 13xx and 16xx.

I like 9466. looks good on the valley

And all those years ago, we wanted to preserve a GWR Branch Line - no diesels etc
cherry_p

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelh wrote:

And all those years ago, we wanted to preserve a GWR Branch Line - no diesels etc

but the world has moved on [unlike Michael] -- we hardly had any interest in preserving a class 50 at the time, as they were still being built.

The one diesel we did have at the time was the GWR railcar no22, which at the time was less than 30 years old. All the diesels based on the SVR are older than this.

Will you please stop putting anti-diesel comments on every subject -- this one is nothing to do with diesels.

I think we have the balance about right between steam and diesel - most passengers come to see steam, but the presence of a few diesels as well is no problem [speaking as a STEAM driver!]

Pete
michaelh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
michaelh wrote:

Will you please stop putting anti-diesel comments on every subject -- this one is nothing to do with diesels

Pete

I will comment as I wish - whether you like it or not.

I know the SVR Magazine (if and when it appears) censors out critical comments - and I believe that you are part of the editorial set-up - but a healthy organisation should be able to take critical discussion, not seek to stifle it.
brasso1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelh wrote:
cherry_p wrote:
michaelh wrote:

Will you please stop putting anti-diesel comments on every subject -- this one is nothing to do with diesels

Pete

I know the SVR Magazine (if and when it appears) censors out critical comments - and I believe that you are part of the editorial set-up - but a healthy organisation should be able to take critical discussion, not seek to stifle it.

The point being made was that this thread is about 1501. Not diesels. You get the diesel topic into every thread possible and are obviously out to make a point because you feel mistreated.

I too have no problem with a mix of steam and diesel. Diesel should not compromise steam but the railway is 16 miles long and there is plenty of space for the two forms of traction to co-operate if you will. The diesel groups are investing in the railway and that is somthing we should always be greatful for. Diversification may be the key to suvival over the next 30, 40, 50 years.
creese_m

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="michaelh

I know the SVR Magazine (if and when it appears) censors out critical comments - and I believe that you are part of the editorial set-up - but a healthy organisation should be able to take critical discussion, not seek to stifle it.[/quote]

There is critical discussion and launching a one man vendatta on a public forum against a group which you don't like

With the coming of the engine house 1501 if not subject to speedy overhaul will at least have secure dry accomodation where she can be seen . On the other hand if subject to a speedy overhaul then we can look forward to her back in traffic soon
hassell_a

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1501's is booked to run on it's last day - Sunday 31st. it's working the Bridgnorth engine diagram.

Adrian.
porter_s

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/6214579.stm
KHARDS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It was last rebuilt in 1997 and would need to be again, but that is unlikely in the near future, the railway said."

Unlikely in the near future....hope not
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: