SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVR camping coach idea: 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CreepyCoupe

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: SVR camping coach idea: 2007 Reply with quote

Sort of unusual one this, as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere before, but considering all the wonderful scenery the SVR has to offer, I was just thinking about the idea of perhaps having a camping coach or 2 along the line. I've noticed the odd siding along the line that could be used, And it'd be nice to bring back something that was (AFAIK) quite popular during the 50's and 60's.

Silly idea? Question
olly5764

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple answer is that there is no available siding space, all those odd sidings you have seen are used as traffic sidings, some quite regularly.
Dukedog

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that once some of the locomotives that were stored in various sidings have found their way into the Engine House there may be enough room created?
Arley would be a great location.
I think the camping coach idea is a good one and could be a good source of income for the SVR especialy at gala weekends.
Hoovers-rock

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the s.v.r would need to be competative as theres a camping site at hampton loade that offers good value.
olly5764

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dukedog wrote:
I'm sure that once some of the locomotives that were stored in various sidings have found their way into the Engine House there may be enough room created?
Arley would be a great location.
I think the camping coach idea is a good one and could be a good source of income for the SVR especialy at gala weekends.

There is no room at Arley. Those two sidings are in use for most special events especially santa. With the exception of 7819 and 600, the loco's that are going in Highley shed have been stored out side Bridgnorth shed. It is not as simple as just putting ten engines under cover and filling their space with camping coaches.
Andrew Ponsford

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever stayed at Hampton Loade Field, Hooversrock? I have payed less at top sites in the Lake District. The men's showers are the worst I've ever seen and there is no shop either. This year it's back on the allnighters for me.
boldford

Location: Glad to be no longer stuck on that linear parking lot known better as the M6

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Ponsford wrote:
This year it's back on the allnighters for me.
20 sleeper surcharge for anyone checking the inside of their eyelids for more than 15 seconds; perhaps. Rolling Eyes

1: Those who back up their hard drives.
2: Those who have never had a hard drive crash.
Andrew Ponsford

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find me a sleeping car and I'll pay that ammount!!!
olly5764

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point taken Andrew, but still, there is no room for public camping coaches, the accomodation coaches at Bewdley for example, have volenteers quing up for beds!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Rolling Stock All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: