SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bewdley Station Gala Day - Saturday 21st July 2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webmaster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Bewdley Station Gala Day - Saturday 21st July 2007 Reply with quote

Bewdley Station Gala Day - Saturday 21st July 2007 at The Severn Valley Railway (1000 till 1600)

The 21st July is a special day for Bewdley Station, included, this year for the first time, within the SVR's main timetable of events, the day is designed to be a celebration about the Towns station and its place within the local community. We would like to see as many local people attend the event as possible and take part in activities that are not normally available to visitors during a normal running day at the Railway.

We will have lots of attractions for all ages throughout the day and a full timetable of trains will continue arriving and departing the station at regular intervals between Kidderminster & Bewdley. Unfortunately the rest of the Railway is unreachable due to storm damage and services north of Bewdley are suspended.

Attractions on the day include:- Steam Engine cab visits on the famous express Great Western Railway 4930 'Hagley Hall' Locomotive. A Diesel Locomotive will be on hand for cab visits. Colouring competitions for the kids. Vintage Diesel train will be operating. Visits to our Signal Box with a guide to explain how it all works. Miniature live traction engines. A Vintage Bus Service operating a Shuttle service from the SVR Station, into the Town Centre, whilst also advertising local shops. Vintage Vehicles on display at the station. Model Rail display. A Pictorial history of the station and Railway line. A Special Menu will be served up within our station refreshment rooms.The Environment Agency will be providing a display on how the flood defences work at Bewdley and the scale of the work undertaken. Bewdley Fire Engine. As well as Network Rail, Bewdley Development Trust, Bewdley Museum, Civic Society, Friends of the Red Arrows and the Environment Agency along with other local groups being on hand throughout the day.

We look forward to seeing you at our event, and we really appreciate any support you can offer at this very difficult time.

All attractions are subject to availability and there will be NO car parking at the station during the event, we would encourage all our visitors to park their car at Kidderminster and travel to us by train. Car Parking charges may apply.
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame the enviroment agency couldnt prevent the damage to our line Crying or Very sad Wink
chappell_r

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how might they have done that?

Their priority is "houses", and was the reason they didn't erect the barriers in Worcester.

Cricket ground and racecourse are "flood plain" so not protected as such.
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chappell_r wrote:
And how might they have done that?

Their priority is "houses", and was the reason they didn't erect the barriers in Worcester.

Cricket ground and racecourse are "flood plain" so not protected as such.

I wasnt being totally serious.
mud child

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

people who buy houses on flood plains shouldn't expect to stay dry all year then.
olly5764

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mud child wrote:
people who buy houses on flood plains shouldn't expect to stay dry all year then.

Yes, but we are talking about the same mentality of people that buy houses next to steam railwayd, then complain about the smoke, the noise, and the fact they have trains running past the end of their garden, blocking out the light!
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: FAO olly5764 Reply with quote

olly5764 wrote:
mud child wrote:

Yes, but we are talking about the same mentality of people that buy houses next to steam railwayd, then complain about the smoke, the noise, and the fact they have trains running past the end of their garden, blocking out the light!

This is true, then again I wouldnt want to see some of the sights and smog crawling past my window each day!!!
not-commissioned!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont buy a house there then cap'n!
Anyway!

Moving swiftly on. i wont be at the BDY gala this sat. Wish i was but some of us have to work ya know!! briefly touched on the topic there!
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not-commissioned! wrote:
Dont buy a house there then cap'n!
Anyway!

Moving swiftly on. i wont be at the BDY gala this sat. Wish i was but some of us have to work ya know!! briefly touched on the topic there!

Oh, I have no need too, was just making a point towards the smog that hangs over KDR prior to departure time!! I will be at Bewdley Gala, need a good turnout for the Railway
not-commissioned!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im told its all in the manning! Which goes for most things!
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not-commissioned! wrote:
im told its all in the manning! Which goes for most things!

Well this is quite true, I have seen some smokeless displays too!!
not-commissioned!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

always the occasional bad apple blowing off and making clag and generally giving us all a bad name!

i haven't!
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not-commissioned! wrote:
always the occasional bad apple blowing off and making clag and generally giving us all a bad name!

i haven't!

Good to hear, hope some of us old hands can show the 'claggers' the way then!!
not-commissioned!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lay off the old will ya!
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not-commissioned! wrote:
Lay off the old will ya!

Ok, more Senior/Responsible then!! Anyway back to the original theme, Bewdley Station Gala, please everyone make an effort to attend this Special Event and help out the Railway, we can all do our bit!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: