SVR-Online Forum Forum Index SVR-Online Forum
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Class 20 D8188 (20188)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hassell_a

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Yes Reply with quote

michaelh wrote:
45002 wrote:
miniandi wrote:
I hear the 20 is now a resident on the SVR which is great news. Went to the railway today and she sounded great aswel as the black 5.

Yes,the 20 is now a resident on the SVR Wink

The class 20 was in good form today,it was rattling the door at Kidder BO Shocked while i was working today Wink

MARTIN Very Happy

I gave it a cheery wave as it passed me today - it had full sun in both directions Rolling Eyes

You sound like you are starting to warm to diesels Michael!

http://www.4930hagleyhall.org.uk

All Comments and Opinions are my own and do not reflect those of SVR (Holdings) PLC, SVR Company Limited, or SVR Charitable Trust.
michaelh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Yes Reply with quote

hassell_a wrote:
michaelh wrote:
45002 wrote:
miniandi wrote:
I hear the 20 is now a resident on the SVR which is great news. Went to the railway today and she sounded great aswel as the black 5.

Yes,the 20 is now a resident on the SVR Wink

The class 20 was in good form today,it was rattling the door at Kidder BO Shocked while i was working today Wink

MARTIN Very Happy

I gave it a cheery wave as it passed me today - it had full sun in both directions Rolling Eyes

Adrian

I only got as far as giving it a cheery wave (not two fingers Wink Wink ) I didn't take any pix!
8fsam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes Reply with quote

michaelh wrote:
hassell_a wrote:
michaelh wrote:
45002 wrote:
miniandi wrote:
Yes,the 20 is now a resident on the SVR  Wink The class 20 was in good form today,it was rattling the door at Kidder BO Shocked while i was working today  Wink MARTIN Very Happy
I gave it a cheery wave as it passed me today - it had full sun in both directions  Rolling Eyes
AdrianI only got as far as giving it a cheery wave (not two fingers  Wink  Wink ) I didn't take any pix!

We all have mad moments of weakness, but fully restored soon after! Very Happy
hearn_p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 pics of her on Santa Thunderbird Question duties 19/12/10 on http://presnews.wordpress.com/ today

Patrick
Matt_R

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
2 pics of her on Santa Thunderbird Question

We used the 20 on the 19th for the morning traffic shunt due to problems with the 08 on the morning (which were resolved later in the day), it also worked the return of the last train to Arley top and tail with 42968.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Matt

Patrick
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://presnews.wordpress.com/

Quote:
20059 and 20188
D8059 was delivered back to Kidderminster on Wednesday 19th January following completion of power unit and generator repairs. D8059 will be the subject to a number of running in turns between Kidderminster and just south of Bewdley before being released into traffic. 20188 (D8188) will continue in service working engineering and other duties for the time being. Once D8059 has been accepted into traffic, D8188 will be withdrawn from traffic for bodyside repairs and other essential maintenance before being repainted into a livery that it never carried whilst in BR service.

Patrick
J-Green

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
D8188 will be withdrawn from traffic for bodyside repairs and other essential maintenance before being repainted into a livery that it never carried whilst in BR service

Bearing in mind that 20188 was built in 1967 (and therefore would probably have gone straight into BR Blue), does that mean that BR Green is on the cards?

Here's hoping! 20059 and 20188 double heading, both in plain green, on the maroon set anyone?

All we'd need would be a beach and a tubby fisherman!

all opinions are very much my own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/edwardianeccentric
allison_p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-Green wrote:
Quote:
D8188 will be withdrawn from traffic for bodyside repairs and other essential maintenance before being repainted into a livery that it never carried whilst in BR service

Bearing in mind that 20188 was built in 1967 (and therefore would probably have gone straight into BR Blue), does that mean that BR Green is on the cards?

Here's hoping! 20059 and 20188 double heading, both in plain green, on the maroon set anyone?

Who's for DRS blue with WIPAC headlamps!?
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the vast panapoly of late- and post-BR freight liveries about which one could speculate, but as it's owned by Somerset & Dorset Traction....how about S&DJR Prussian Blue?

Patrick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Yuk Reply with quote

allison_p wrote:
J-Green wrote:
Quote:

Who's for DRS blue with WIPAC headlamps!?

Yuk Mad

MARTIN Very Happy
bradleyman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be an expectation that the livery will be compatible with the SVR scene - ie BR early to mid 1960's at the latest.

Anything else it at odds with the "brand" of the railway and is therefore out of place.
PGTips

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bradleyman wrote:
There should be an expectation that the livery will be compatible with the SVR scene - ie BR early to mid 1960's at the latest.

Anything else it at odds with the "brand" of the railway and is therefore out of place.

Yes, it'll match 50135 and carry Loadhaul Shocked . Black sides and orange cabs, i believe someone did say it black featured in the colour scheme or perhaps it'll just be a repaint. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: livery Reply with quote

PGTips wrote:
bradleyman wrote:

Yes, it'll match 50135 and carry Loadhaul Shocked . Black sides and orange cabs, i believe someone did say it black featured in the colour scheme or perhaps it'll just be a repaint. Confused

Be nice to see that 50 in 1967 livery,remind me of my days spotting at Crewe 1970s Wink

I feel very old now saying that Confused

MARTIN Very Happy
5Z50

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: livery Reply with quote

45002 wrote:
PGTips wrote:
bradleyman wrote:

Be nice to see that 50 in 1967 livery,remind me of my days spotting at Crewe 1970s Wink

I feel very old now saying that Confused

MARTIN Very Happy

You'll have to make do with 50044, shortly being repainted pretty much as you desire... see www.d444.co.uk for details. Welding should completed in a week or two.
50049 from the start
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: